Download the GCSE Geography Urban Issues: Global Patterns of Urban Change and Urban Growth Resources module
This module contains:
- An editable PowerPoint lesson presentation
- Editable revision handouts
- A glossary which covers the key terminologies of the module
- Topic mindmaps for visualising the key concepts
- Printable flashcards to help students engage active recall
- A quiz with answer key to test knowledge and understanding of the module
Urban Issues: Global Patterns of Urban Change and Urban Growth
More than 50% of the world’s population is living in urban areas. By 2030, more than 60 percent are expected to live in urban areas, while in 2050, it will be at 70 percent. These trends are based on the report by the United Nations World Urbanisation Prospects in 2014.
This GCSE Urban Issues module introduces global patterns of urban change and urban growth to your students, explaining:
- What are the patterns of urban change and trends in urban populations in different parts of the world for the past 50 years?
- What factors that affect urbanisation?
- How did megacities emerge?
- How and why urbanisation occurred at different times and rates in different parts of the world?
- What causes urban growth in Lagos?
- What makes it an important city in Nigeria? How did it expand through time? What challenges did Lagos face brought about by urban growth? What is the importance of urban planning in Lagos?