Download the GCSE Geography Resource Management: Water Resources module
This module contains:
- An editable PowerPoint lesson presentation
- Editable revision handouts
- A glossary which covers the key terminologies of the module
- Topic mindmaps for visualising the key concepts
- Printable flashcards to help students engage active recall
- A quiz with answer key to test knowledge and understanding of the module
Resource Management: Water
Why do people need water?
- Water makes up 2/3 of our body and is essential for it to function properly
- We need water to keep ourselves clean and healthy, and to grow our food
- Industry uses water for cleaning, cooling and raw material in production
This GCSE Resource Management module introduces water to your students, explaining:
- What is the difference between water surplus and water deficit?
- Why is there increasing water consumption?
- What are the factors affecting water availability?
- How does water insecurity impact people?
- What are some strategies to increase water supply?
- How does the UK manage their water in a sustainable way?
- Why are there changes in water supply and demand?
- Who are the main users of water?
- Why are there water supply problems in the UK and in the developing world?
- Who are the main actors in decision-making affecting water?