Download the GCSE Geography Physical Landscapes: River Landscapes in the UK Resources module
This module contains:
- An editable PowerPoint lesson presentation
- Editable revision handouts
- A glossary which covers the key terminologies of the module
- Topic mindmaps for visualising the key concepts
- Printable flashcards to help students engage active recall
- A quiz with answer key to test knowledge and understanding of the module
Physical Landscapes: River Landscapes in the UK
The shape of river valleys changes as rivers flow downstream.
- erosion – hydraulic action, abrasion, attrition, solution
- transportation – traction, saltation, suspension, solution
- deposition – why rivers deposit sediment
The long profile and changing cross profile of a river and its valley in the three stages of a river - upper course, middle course and lower course. Distinctive river landforms result from different physical processes.
This GCSE Physical Landscapes module introduces river landscapes to your students, explaining:
- What are the three river processes?
- What are the different types of river landforms?
- What are the causes of flooding?
- What are river management strategies?